Okay, I have a personal goal to try making ONE new recipe every month. Last Friday I decided to bring one of my favorites that my mom makes to a baby shower. Big success, everyone loved it. CAUTION: This is girl food! My dad, brother and husband do not like this salad. Mark my words; I will never serve this salad to another man in fear of wasting a delicious bite on ungrateful taste buds. This recipe is easy and delicious!!!Chinese Chicken Salad - RECIPE
Shred 1 head of cabbage, combine with 1-2 chopped onions, or 1-2 T Grated or ¼ chopped dry onion. Add 2 cups shredded chicken breasts (may use more chicken if you like). Set aside.
Brown in saucepan… in ½ cube margarine:
- 3 pkg top ramen noodles (crumbled finely)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 T sesame seeds
(Brown till lightly browned)
Add:
- 3 pkg ramen noodles seasoning packets (chicken flavored)
- ½ cup Salad Oil (canola)
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Vinegar
Pour dressing over noodles – mix and then combine with cabbage and chicken mix – refrigerate. Best when served after 3-4 hours of refrigeration. Keeps well 2-3 days.
3 comments:
Mmmmmm. . . I love that salad, but yours looks better than mine! I think you are better at shredding cabbage and chicken than I am. Looks so good right now!
Yummy! I love this salad. It is always a hit and is super easy to make. Now I'm gonna have to make some...
Ha ha, I just noticed this post. I need to go to more baby showers because there are soooo many foods I love that Mike can't bare. it must be those ungrateful tastebuds you mentioned! Please make this salad for a "girl food" YW activity sometime so I can eat it!!
Post a Comment