Saturday, October 18, 2008

New Family Tradition

You know something is going to be a family tradition when you're already looking forward to reliving the day a year from now!

Grandma Leen and Papa Bob came to visit for the weekend to celebrate Papa Bob's Birthday. On Saturday we decided to go to the local pumpkin patch. What a blast! Who would have thought that one little pumpkin patch would have so many fun activities.

Here's all the stuff we did:

CORN MAZE (Not to brag, but Jer and I completed the maze in 20 minutes... they say it takes the average person 45min-1 hour!)

PONY RIDE (Tanner rode Peanut)


PUMPKIN LAUNCH, PETTING ZOO (The goats name is Billy, and he happens to be the same goat that started eating the sleeve of my sweater when I was so kindly petting his face.)


STRAW PYRAMID, TRACTOR RIDING, CORN CRIB (I left a trail of corn everywhere I went for the whole day.)


HAY RIDE, WE PICKED OUR PUMPKINS, JER WASHED THEM ("This here pumps just fine"... anyone seen "The Pump"?)


Later that day we celebrated Papa Bob's B-Day! Look closely, that there is a delicious chocolate tart (found at Costco) filled with homemade lemon pie filling. Yummmm!

Happy Birthday Dad!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes, I hope you told Jeremy in a haunting type of voice, "prime the pump!! Prime the pump!"

I love that place! We went to a pumpkin patch here and it just wasn't as good.

Jenae said...

Hey, did you guys go to Bauman farms? I may be going there this week. It sure looks like a blast, you guys had pretty nice weather for that too!

Juliann said...

WOW! It looks like so much fun! Especially the hay pyramid and the pumpkin launch. Maybe we'll make it a tradition to come visit you on Dad's birthday too!

Mary Ellen said...

Missy- I am so happy to find your blog through Alexa, Tyson and I were just wondering about you guys recently. Anyway, I love to see your family and will be adding you to my list. I love the vidoes of your boy skating, but I laughed out loud about your twilight obsession list. I must say I'm also obsessed and the day I finished number 4 I went through withdrawls- it was bad- I didn't know what I was going to do with myself! It took me 14 days to read all 4 books and Tyson was ready to trash them I was so consumed!!!