Monday, August 4, 2008

Seattle Trip

We were lucky enough to go up to Seattle and spend some time at my parents house with some family members (7 adults, 6 kids). Since we were all staying at my parents house it was crazy every minute. This trip was filled with lots of activities, fun games, laughing, baking, eating and partying! It would have been even more fun if Jenn, Chris, Ethan, Tori, Jon and Matt could have been there too!

(WARNING: Jeremy read this post and said, "Isn't this a little boring for others to READ?" I was a little shocked because when I re-read it I laughed and smiled through the whole thing... so either way, consider yourself warned!)

Here's an outline of the activities:
  • Friday, July 18: We packed up the car and drove up in the evening. We arrived just in time for pizza and chillin outside. Got caught up with the Texas and Utah folks! Jul and I introduced Shannon to the World of Blogging!
  • Saturday, July 19: Went to a nearby beach and made an awesome sandcastle with "The 3 Amigos". Went to a movie (The Dark Night... SCARY!). Max got his 2nd tooth... that explains why he was up until 1:00am! Sorry Mom and Dad (they were the designated babysitters while we were at the movie)!
  • Sunday, July 20: Church (Singles Branch), Pirate Birthday Party (2nd Annual Summer Birthday Party for EVERYONE)
  • Monday, July 21: Went on a quick shopping trip to Target and the Old Navy Sale (I have never seen Jer get this excited about shopping!), Chipotle for Lunch, and off to Qwest field for the Mariners vs. Redsocks game where we ate Trophy Cupcakes (I felt like royalty in awesome seats and delicious food!)
  • Tuesday, July 22: Jer and I got to babysit 5 kiddos while everyone went to Dim Sum... (I think we got the better end of the deal). I tried a new recipe... Raspberry Ice-Cream Cake. Jul, Mike and Lucy leave (Jer leaves, but will come back on the 25th) That evening Papa Bob gave the 4 older boys Geodes in bags. They worked at cracking them open to see what they could find inside.
  • Wednesday, July 23: Mom, Shannon and I took 5 little boys to a totally awesome Children's Museum. Later that evening we went to a fun park and on a hike with Papa Bob.
  • Thursday, July 24: I made mini quiches for breakfast then Shannon and I went on a fun shopping spree with the Toddlers. Later that day we had Pizza and jumped on the Giant Bouncer (I think Max enjoyed it the most).
  • Friday, July 25: Went to Costco (some were very excited about this), Tanner had his first experience chewing gum... thanks to Auntie Shannon. Went to Bothell Landing to feed the ducks and play at the park. After nap we got out the slip-n-slide and kiddy pool. Jer arrived just in time for Taco Salad outside. Papa Bob set up the Tent (which smelled up the whole backyard) and he and "The 3 Amigos" slept thru the night in it. We were all surprised they lasted!
  • Saturday, July 26: Fishing (Tanner, Max and JEREMY's 1st Fishing Trip!!), Claim Jumper for dinner (YUMMM!)
  • Sunday, July 27: Church (Singles Branch). We had a delicious Roast dinner and then left to come home. It's always hard to say goodbye!

    Please note that whenever there was a free second we were playing outside on the scooters, big wheel, skateboard, bikes, playing baseball, exploring behind the trees, digging for buried treasures in Papa Bob's planter boxes. The kids were in heaven.

    Below are just SOME of the pictures taken throughout the week. You can see more pictures at my sisters blogs... FABOOLOUS and THE 3 AMIGOS. Please understand that we see each other once sometimes twice a year, so whenever we get together the camera's barely get a break.

I had to post a couple pics separately because Jul took some awesome shots that I LOVE!

I also had to post this short video clip. Who would have known that our man of few words LOVES Pirates! He was in heaven at the Pirate Birthday Party. As you can see in the clip, "The 3 Amigos" taught Tanner what Pirates say.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So cute and fun. I didn't think that was boring at all. I like the pirate scene.

Anonymous said...

I love it. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures.